VP of Information Technology
||Concord, CA 94520
||November 03, 2023
|Scion Technology has been engaged by Planned Parenthood Northern California (PPNorCal) to conduct an immediate search to identify the incoming Vice President of Information Technology (VPIT). This is a full-time, onsite opportunity in Concord, CA and is available immediately!
ABOUT PLANNED PARENTHOOD NORTHERN CALIFORNIA:
Planned Parenthood Northern California champions healthy communities and increases access to quality health care, information and reproductive freedom by providing medical services, education, and advocacy.
The Vice President Information Technology ("VPIT") is a member of the senior management team and plays an integral part in defining strategy and vision for PPNorCal’s information technology systems. The VPIT provides operational direction in the design, development, installation, and support of information systems and technology to ensure our continued growth and success in providing health care and other community programs. The VPIT is responsible for setting standards and protocols for the protection of PPNorCal’s data and systems as well as ensuring that systems are responsive to an ever-changing security environment. In addition to having overall responsibility for the direction and management of the IT business and clinical functions, the position is responsible for the effective and efficient utilization of resources and building strong relationships with the leadership team, key stakeholders, and department managers. The VPIT reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and supervises the Sr. EHR and Applications Manager (with a team of three (3) EHR Support Analysts), Sr. Manager of IT Operations (with a team of six (6) IT Technicians), Sr. Systems Administrator, and a Jr. Systems Administrator.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serves as an integral member of PPNorCal’s senior management team, participating in the organizational development, implementation and evaluation of strategic goals and initiatives.
- Develop the IT organizational strategic roadmap and lead the tactical and operational initiatives to achieve agency and departmental goals.
- Collaborate with other senior managers and executive team to understand IT opportunities and integrate their department needs into IT strategic and project planning.
- Serves as the HIPAA Security Officer.
- Oversees Information Technology (IT) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) departments.
- Evaluation, implementation, and oversight of business intelligence systems.
- Develops, manages, and continually improves a comprehensive information security, risk-based program to ensure integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information assets.
- Defines the vision, strategy, and implementation of all information systems in support of PPNorCal’s strategic plan.
- Facilitates a metrics-based reporting framework to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the information systems program including plans for improvement, growth, and maturity of PPNorCal’s information security program.
- Builds a results-driven system for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on all network and application protocols for the unwanted manipulation to systems, malicious network traffic, network attacks against vulnerable services, data-driven attacks on applications, host-based attacks, or unauthorized access of sensitive data.
- Pro-active process for auditing applications, operating systems, and networks to provide measurable technical assessment that includes interviewing staff, agency wide vulnerability points, access controls or analyzing physical accesses to ensure confidentiality and integrity.
- Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event.
- Provides direction, support, and in-house consulting for crisis scenarios.
- Provides strategic leadership and a stabilized information security program to mitigate risks at all levels of access/entry from patients, employees and/or third parties.
- Serves as an expert advisor to senior management in the development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems to ensure best practice control objectives are achieved in protecting information assets.
- Manages, or delegates, staff performance.
- Actively participates in recruitment, hiring, performance management and coaching of staff members of Information Technology and Electronic Health Records departments.
- Ability to teach, train and educate IT department and other organizational staff on information systems across PPNorCal.
- Serve as PPNorCal IT representative for external conferences and meetings as assigned by Chief Administrative Officer.
- Completes all other duties as assigned.
- Role-models and provides Leadership toward the implementation of PPNorCal’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion plan.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
In addition to a salary in the $180-200k range, depending on experience; PPNorCal provides a comprehensive benefits package including 100% employer paid medical insurance for the employee, 50% employer paid medical insurance for dependent children, dental and vision coverage, employer paid life and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off to start, 10 paid holidays, and a 403(b) retirement plan with 4% employer match.
Planned Parenthood Northern California has engaged the services of Scion Technology, a national firm specializing in areas including technology, executive search, and mission driven recruitment to assist in conducting this important search. For immediate consideration, please apply with your resume and cover letter formatted in MS Word via: https://scionstaffing.com/job/10494
Please address applications to:
Megan Tepe, Director of Professional and Technical Recruitment
About our firm:
Scion Technology is a national award-winning technical & IT staffing firm! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented candidates with amazing opportunities. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire technical recruiting, interim leadership placement and temporary professional staffing. Our track record and recruitment process has made us one of the top recruitment firms in the nation.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firm in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times! More information about us can also be found at www.sciontechnical.com.
Scion Technology, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent. For opportunities located in a region that have enacted fair chance, arrest or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Technology proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We believe in following best practices and considering all qualified applicants that apply with us.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' experience, increasing levels of responsibility, that demonstrate the interpersonal, technical, and leadership qualities necessary in overseeing complex information technology areas in a health care environment.
- Experience with OCHIN EPIC Electronic Health Record systems.
- A proven track record of successfully managing IT personnel and projects.
- Knowledge of key and emerging trends and issues, challenges and opportunities, current standards, and effective practices in information technology (e.g., cybersecurity, encryption, risk management, infrastructure management, backup/recovery, data governance, vendor management, and change management).
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking, application, database, security, and telecommunications architecture designs, integration, deployment, and management.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- Effective communication skills.
- High level of personal integrity to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgement and maturity.
- Must have knowledge and demonstrated experience of relevant legal and regulatory requirements for information security and privacy protection laws.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements for health care systems (HIPAA, PHI, HL-7).
- Provide necessary leadership to advance PPNorCal’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work.
- Advanced experience in vulnerability management, intrusion management and/or their components.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.