Senior Director of Marketing
|| Walnut Creek, CA 94598
||November 01, 2023
|Scion Nonprofit Staffing, an award-winning full-service staffing firm, has been engaged to conduct an immediate search for a Director of Marketing for our client, a respected animal organization dedicated to building a better future for pets and people in the East Bay region of California. This amazing full-time hybrid opportunity is for immediate hire!
The Director of Marketing will collaborate closely with the Directors of Development, Corporate Partnerships, Philanthropy, and Institutional Giving. Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, this individual will spearhead the strategic and innovative direction of the organization's marketing and communication endeavors. Key responsibilities for this role include raising awareness for programs, fundraising initiatives, cause-marketing partnerships, and flagship events, with a strong focus on employing creative strategies to enhance brand recognition and engagement among diverse audiences. The ideal candidate should possess energy, enthusiasm, a visionary mindset, and strong analytical skills.
- Lead both traditional and digital marketing campaigns, overseeing their entire lifecycle, including planning, execution, testing, and analysis. Ensure these campaigns match the organization's needs and timetable. Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to improve marketing efforts in a rapidly changing digital landscape.
- Ensure the establishment of a unified branding image across the organization, encompassing all collateral and publications. Additionally, recruit and train volunteers to serve as brand ambassadors within the community.
- Oversee media relations and visibility initiatives, including the expansion of media relationships and occasional representation of the organization in public speaking engagements.
- Supervise team members responsible for assisting with marketing initiatives and integrated campaigns.
- Onboard, train, supervise, assess, and mentor marketing personnel tasked with the daily management of various channels, such as media relations, digital development, direct-response marketing, and brand collateral. Define team objectives, inspire team members, track their advancements, and provide constructive guidance, education, and motivation.
- Collaborate with the Chief Advancement Officer and the development team to strategize and create revenue-generating products. This includes responsibilities such as establishing product positioning, guiding editorial content and tone, overseeing implementation, and conducting analysis.
- Work with other departments to address promotional requirements and offer strategic and creative support when necessary.
- Encourage a culture of respect and compassion towards both animals and individuals, fostering effective teamwork, staff collaboration, and a favorable reputation for the organization.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
In addition to a competitive salary range of $170,000-$190,000 (DOE), this opportunity offers a robust benefits package with fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer contributions, and paid vacation, sick days, holidays, and more!
For immediate consideration, submit your resume and cover letter (formatted in MS Word), sharing more about your experience and interest in this role via: https://scionnonprofitstaffing.com/job/10693
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an award-winning national nonprofit recruitment and staffing specialist for nonprofit organizations, foundations, associations, and educational institutions! Since 2006, we have had the pleasure of successfully placing thousands of talented professionals supporting incredible missions and programs. Through our innovative team building and recruiting solutions, we bridge the gap in executive leadership searches, direct hire nonprofit recruiting, interim leadership placement, and temporary professional staffing.
We are proud to be part of the Forbes lists of the Best Recruitment Firms and the Best Executive Search Firms in America. Additionally, Scion has been recognized as a ClearlyRated Best of Staffing firm as well as a top recruitment firm by The Business Times. Additional information about our firm and our practices can be found online. Scion Nonprofit Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and the candidates we represent.
For opportunities located in a region that has enacted fair chance, arrest, or conviction-based employment ordinances, Scion Nonprofit Staffing proactively follows the enacted guidance and considers for employment all qualified applications with arrest and conviction records. We engage in socially conscious business practices and believe that diverse, equitable, inclusive, and non-biased talent and recruitment processes are foundational to the success of Scion as well as every client organization with whom we partner.
- Bachelor's degree with seven to ten years of equivalent experience preferably in marketing, journalism, English, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Self-driven and goal-focused, capable of adapting to change, using limited resources creatively, and thriving in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments. Proficient in task delegation.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in motivating and guiding teams. Proficient in mentoring and fostering staff development to build a unified team, while ensuring accountability for performance outcomes.
- Proficient in multi-channel outreach and campaigns, with a robust analytical acumen to pinpoint departmental challenges and opportunities. Preferred expertise in multi-year strategic planning
- Strong proficiency in public speaking, including the capability to mentor and train team members in spokesperson roles.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to rapidly take in and deliver information. Demonstrated excellence in diverse communication formats such as correspondence, proposals, speeches, and articles, adhering to specified styles and formats.
- Practical knowledge of style guides, along with exposure to publication design and prior collaboration with graphic designers, copy editors, and print vendors. Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledgeable about software like Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Adept proficiency with online platforms including social media, CMS (WordPress), project management (Trello, Asana), marketing platforms (Engaging Networks, Buffer, or similar), and Google products (Analytics, Ads, etc.)
- Experience within a nonprofit or animal welfare organization is a plus, but not required.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.