|Location||Remote, DC 20036|
|Date Posted||February 25, 2021|
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to lead a search for a Public Relations Director for our client, a nonprofit organization that is focused on developing a new treatment protocol for COVID-19. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work alongside highly esteemed scientists and researchers focused on promoting a healthy community! This position is remote, with preference for someone who is based in the Eastern time zone.
The Public Relations Director will work within a multi-specialty internal team to develop and implement public relations strategies that engage both media targets and our niche audiences; while heightening positive awareness of our mission.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and the organization’s partners
· Develop press releases and media strategies for each initiative
· Participate in team meetings for organizational events
· Coordinate tasks with internal team
· Track all media engagements and media coverage and submit reports on results of PR initiatives
· Ensure brand integrity by understanding issues of sensitivity around the work we do
· 2+ years of experience as a public relations professional
· Experience coordinating successful PR events
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary internal team
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
The hourly rate for this contract position is $30/hour+ (DOE).
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter here: www.scionstaffing.com/job/7309/. We look forward to contacting potential-match applicants.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
Scion Staffing is a top staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search, and executive searches. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2020, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities. We were listed in the 2018 Forbes “Best Executive Recruiting Firms” list.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
This job has now been filled, visit our search page for more jobs like this.